- Second-poorest country in the Western Hemisphere
- Murder capital of the world
- Two thirds of the population lives below the poverty line.
- More than 150,000 Honduran children are orphans (per UNICEF).
- More than 10,000 children live on the streets, subject to violence and recruitment by gangs
How do we help?
Friends of Honduran Children, Inc. was founded in 2001 to offer education, shelter, opportunity, and hope to Honduran children at risk. In partnership with the Honduran organization Sociedad Amigos de los Ninos, we sponsor children, give scholarships, lead mission trips and brigades, mentor Hondurans in business development, raise funds, and respond to whatever needs arise. Our mission is to give these children a brighter future.